Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by VeenaMithare <v....@cmcmarkets.com> on 2020/12/10 16:07:23 UTC

Re: Unable to free disk space after keys are removed in ignite 2.7.0

Hi Ilya,

I have a question related to this :
>>Then, WAL will usually only grow and db/ will grow too, they will not
shrink from the deletion of data from caches. Dropping a cache will free
space.

>>This is tolerable because modern server instances are usually
single-purpose. You expect an instance's storage to be used for Ignite data
only and the amount of data is expected to be stable not grow monotonously.

We store audit data for our cache modifications. And audit data will grow
monotonously over a period of time. What is the best way of housekeeping
audit records ?

regards,
Veena.

Re: Unable to free disk space after keys are removed in ignite 2.7.0

Posted by VeenaMithare <v....@cmcmarkets.com>.
Thank you .. !

Re: Unable to free disk space after keys are removed in ignite 2.7.0

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

You may delete old records, then this disk space will be reused when adding
new records.

Ilya Kasnacheev