Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2003/07/23 22:52:52 UTC

[slightly OT] commit mails

is anyone else having trouble getting commit mails?

the last commit mail i received was for rev 6538, and that's also the
last one the tigris.org email archive is showing, which is the only
reason i'm mentioning this on the list.  haven't had any trouble getting
other mail from subversion.tigris.org though.

so the question is, is there something up with the mails, or the list,
or what?

-garrett

Re: mailer horked on svn.collab.net, WAS: RE: [slightly OT] commit mails

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Paul Lussier <pl...@lanminds.com> writes:

> In a message dated: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:24:15 BST
> Julian Foad said:
>
> >cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
> >>
> >> ...  So svn.collab.net has a massage backlog of emails in its queue,
> >
> >massage?  Auto-spelling-correction or is your mind elsewhere?
>
> No, I think the mail queue is just very uptight lately, and cmike is
> trying to help it relax :)

Heheh.  Funny, but I think my brain was thinking "massive" and
"message" at the same time.  Alas, the problem seems to have been
fixed, regardless.

/me tips his hat to CollabNet's IS team.

Re: mailer horked on svn.collab.net, WAS: RE: [slightly OT] commit mails

Posted by Paul Lussier <pl...@lanminds.com>.

--

Seeya,
Paul

Re: mailer horked on svn.collab.net, WAS: RE: [slightly OT] commit mails

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
cmpilato@collab.net wrote:

> ...  So svn.collab.net has a massage backlog of emails in its queue,

massage?  Auto-spelling-correction or is your mind elsewhere?

:-)

- Julian

cmpilato@collab.net writes:

> > CMike, care to take a look at the mailer?
>
> Yeah, I can do that.

Oooh, of course.  For reasons that I cannot explain, svn.collab.net
(and other machines in the CollabNet Chicago office) can't seem to see
other CollabNet-run boxes.  So svn.collab.net has a massage backlog of
emails in its queue, all currently timed out trying to hit tigris.org.

I have a suspicion about why this is happening, and it didn't occur to
me until just now.  Will see if I can rectify that situation when I
get to the office.

"Sander Striker" <st...@apache.org> writes:

> >> so the question is, is there something up with the mails, or the list,
> >> or what?
>
> Well, it seems to be mailer.py on svn.collab.net.  I just received spam
> on the list, so that seems to be working.  Although CMike said he'd
> disable posting from non tigris.org sources... ;)

Oh, didn't we tell you?  We turned off that filtering long ago.  Seems
something is broken about tigris.org in such a way that I couldn't add
our committers as automatically allowed posters.  That meant having to
moderate everything, even valid commit mails.  So Karl and I said "to
heck with it."

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.

Hi,

>> so the question is, is there something up with the mails, or the list,
>> or what?

Well, it seems to be mailer.py on svn.collab.net.  I just received spam
on the list, so that seems to be working.  Although CMike said he'd
disable posting from non tigris.org sources... ;)

CMike, care to take a look at the mailer?

Sander

> is anyone else having trouble getting commit mails?

Me too!  Me too!  ;)

> the last commit mail i received was for rev 6538, and that's also the
> last one the tigris.org email archive is showing, which is the only
> reason i'm mentioning this on the list.  haven't had any trouble getting
> other mail from subversion.tigris.org though.

Same here.  I thought it was me, since I was having some mail trouble
earlier.  But apparently not.

> so the question is, is there something up with the mails, or the list,
> or what?

Sander