Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2010/02/18 17:10:43 UTC

MYFACES-2564

Hey Michael,

I closed your MYFACES-2564 ticket, as we discussed this already.
There is another open ticket for the problem

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: MYFACES-2564

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just reopend the issue, because it has nothing to do with the facelets
> taglibs version problem as Michael said.

:-) I just saw "...If the answer to this question is "no", Facelets in
JSF 2...."
and closed it :-)

Re: MYFACES-2564

Posted by Michael Concini <mc...@gmail.com>.
Jakob,

I"m not sure I understand what about the fix you think is incorrect.  I
could use a little more specific explanation.

In particular, why would you have to or want to use facelets 1.1.x in
this case?  The spec says nothing other than that facelets in JSF 2.0 is
backwards compatible and that "such an application must *NOT *continue
to bundle the facelets jar".  If you're talking about bundling the
facelets jar, then you really are getting into the territory of
MYFACES-2543.

The way I read section 10.1.2 is that we should only be disabling the
facelets VDL is if javax.faces.DISABLE_FACELET_JSF_VIEWHANDLER is set to
true.  Just because the faces-config version is 1.2, doesn't mean that
facelets stops being integrated if you're on a 2.0 runtime.

Also, as mentioned in my previous comment, it is my understanding that
the version number in a config file is only to be used for schema
validation (e.g. determining which resources can be defined and such)
and that it is not supposed to be used to determine the behavior of the
runtime beyond that.  I'm going to get in touch with one of our members
of the EE group to get his take on it to be sure though.

In the meantime, I'll temporarily back out the change until we can
resolve this.

-Mike

Re: MYFACES-2564

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.