Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kiranreddykasa <ki...@fss.co.in> on 2013/08/12 12:23:19 UTC

camel threshold

Hi

How can we find out the threshold for any camel route ?
I mean how to find the maximum number of messages a particular route can
process and it can't take
any more messages.

I came across camel throttle , if the threshold is reached the new messages
will be saved somewhere for processing ?

-----
Regards

kiran Reddy

Re: camel threshold

Posted by kiranreddykasa <ki...@fss.co.in>.
hi

Any update regarding netty request time out?

-----
Regards

kiran Reddy

Re: camel threshold

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yes its all in memory based.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM, kiranreddykasa <ki...@fss.co.in> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
> One more clarification
>
> There is request time out option in netty right ,
> For handing time outs also any in-memory queue  will be used ?
>
> Because there may be chances  we get memory issues when external sever is
> not at all replying .
>

> -----
> Regards
>
> kiran Reddy

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: camel threshold

Re: camel threshold

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yes the throttle is in-memory queue based, so you could end up eating up memory.

There is a route policy that can also throttle by suspending/resuming
the actual route, which then would mean that if the route is suspended
then no new incoming messages comes in.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM, kiranreddykasa <ki...@fss.co.in> wrote:
> Hi
>
> consider this simple route
>
> from("netty:tcp://0.0.0.0:7004?textline=true").throttle(100).to("netty:tcp://0.0.0.0:7005?textline=true");
>
> According to this only 100 requests per second  will be sent to second
> endpoint.
>
> Assume that first endpoint is receiving  some thousand messages per second,
> how camel is able to throttle these messages without saving anywhere ?
> There won't be any out of memory issues ??
> Can anyone please explain ?
>

> -----
> Regards
>
> kiran Reddy

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: camel threshold

Re: camel threshold

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Routes keep going until they are paused or stopped. Your best bet is
probably a custom RoutePolicy http://camel.apache.org/routepolicy.html that
does the custom throttling (pausing or stopping a route i guess) after X
exchanges.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 7:53 AM, kiranreddykasa <ki...@fss.co.in>wrote:

> Hi
>
> How can we find out the threshold for any camel route ?
> I mean how to find the maximum number of messages a particular route can
> process and it can't take
> any more messages.
>
> I came across camel throttle , if the threshold is reached the new messages
> will be saved somewhere for processing ?
>

> -----
> Regards
>
> kiran Reddy

Cheers,