Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net> on 2004/02/18 16:17:22 UTC

[OT] The obtrusive commons-logging

I have quite a few projects running on the same technologies
(Tapestry/iBatis/Hibernate) and was attempting to move the common stuff
up to the Tomcat shared so I don't have zillion copies of the same jar
floating around (atleast on my local dev box). And I faced with
unexpected class loader issues caused by commons-logging. I even tried
having the commons-logging jar at all levels (common/shared/webapp-lib)
and yet it was not happy. Does anyone have a workaround/solution? What
is the strategy others use? Anyone care to share?

Thanks,
Harish

Re: [OT] The obtrusive commons-logging

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
Ok, placing the logging jars just under common/lib works the only
downside is you have to place the logging properties for all your apps
in a single mumbo file under the common class path. May not be ideal for
a production deployment but works for my local dev env.

-Harish