Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by John Smith <ja...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/16 01:38:26 UTC

Cluster shutdown by "to many files open"

Hi it seems the JVM was forcefully shutdown when I tried to create a new
partitioned cache.

The error seems to indicate that it was "too many files" can someone from
Ignite confirm this?

I have checked with lsof and Ignite only has about 3600 files open. It's
the only service running on that server. So I don't see how this could
happen? I have a total of 10 caches mixed between replicated and
partitioned (1 backup) over 3 nodes.

I have

fs.file-max:300000
and
- soft    nofile          32768
- hard    nofile          32768
respectively on each node.

What I did was delete the db/folder for that specific cache on that node
and when I restarted it. It worked and recreated the folder for that cache.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwf28akser9p4dt/ignite-XXXXXX.0.log?dl=0

Re: Cluster shutdown by "to many files open"

Posted by John Smith <ja...@gmail.com>.
It started fine and it also recreated the partitions for that cache.

Posted by John Smith <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gianluca Bonetti <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello