Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com> on 2002/12/06 04:40:23 UTC

[mp2] default values for PerlInterp directives?

Does anyone know what the default values are (that is, if you don't specify
them) for the PerlInterpXXXXX directives?  I can't find this info anywhere in the
docs...

PerlInterpStart
PerlInterpMax
PerlInterpMinSpare
PerlInterpMaxSpare
PerlInterpMaxRequests
PerlInterpScope

Thanks!

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com

Re: [mp2] default values for PerlInterp directives?

Posted by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com>.
> from scr/modules/perl/modperl_config.c:
>
> void *modperl_config_srv_create(apr_pool_t *p, server_rec *s)
> {
> [...]
>      scfg->interp_scope = MP_INTERP_SCOPE_REQUEST;
>
>      /* XXX: determine reasonable defaults */
>      scfg->interp_pool_cfg->start = 3;
>      scfg->interp_pool_cfg->max_spare = 3;
>      scfg->interp_pool_cfg->min_spare = 3;
>      scfg->interp_pool_cfg->max = 5;
>      scfg->interp_pool_cfg->max_requests = 2000;
> [...]
>
> they aren't documented because it wasn't decide what the default should
> be. But you are right, I'll document the current defaults and we will
> adjust the documentation if there are any changes.

Thanks...appreciate the info, Stas.

Unfortunately, I live in the country and my access is dial through Bell
Sympatico...which is Bell Nexxia.  Seems that your mail server bounces
anything coming in from my ISP.  Probably they are on the RBL. Not much I
can do about that though, hence this response was posted to the list ;-(

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.