Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andre Cesta <aa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/05/17 08:16:16 UTC

Order for class loading.

What is the order in which tomcat searches for classes in the
jar files inside the WEB-INF/lib directory?

Is it per alphabetical order of jar file name?

I am asking the question because I have a third party library that
came with another jar file that is a patch for it.  The classes in the
patch jar file must be loaded before the classes in the main (distribution)
jar file.

How to get around this problem?  Do I need to unjar the two, and jar in a single
file?

Thanks, Andre

http://auctions.yahoo.com/