Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vijay Kandy <Vi...@mailcode.com> on 2002/03/26 19:53:54 UTC

Multiple Tomcat instances

Hello all,

Iam having problems configuring multiple instances of Tomcat with Apache.

I have 7 instances of Tomcat talking to Apache. But Tomcat is serving both
HTML and Servlet content. I want Apache to serve HTML and Tomcat to serve
out Servlet content. I have a xxxx_server.xml file for each instance of
Tomcat and the Context goes like this:
    <Context path="/pboAlpha"
   		docBase="webapps/pboAlpha"
		debug="0"
		reloadable="false"
		crossContext="false" >
    </Context>
[I have one context in each server.xml file so, each instance hosts just one
context.] Also I have 1 tomcat.conf and it goes this like:
	ApJServMount /pboAlpha ajpv12://dev.server.com:8995/pboAlpha
	ApJServMount /pboBeta  ajpv12://dev.server.com:8996/pboBeta
 	...and 5 more...

I think, as soon as Apache come across /pboAlpha in the URL, it forwards it
to Tomcat instance wether it be a HTML request or Servlet request. What am I
doing wrong? I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you,
Vijay