Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Nuno Rodrigues <co...@netcabo.pt> on 2006/09/11 14:09:33 UTC

Client hangs and server gets unavailable

Hello all,

I'm using Axis2 and Sandesha2 and I'm having a strange problem and I don't
know if it's due to Axis or due to Sandesha.

I have a client that wants to make 10000 requests but at the middle of all
these requests (sometimes it only makes 300 requests, other times it makes
700,1000,.) the server crashes and there's no more availability from the
server side. I must say that the client doesn't throw any kind of exception.

If I browse to http://host:8080/axis2 everything seems ok but if I click the
listServices link I get:

 HTTP Status 500 -

   type Status report

   message

   it from fulfilling this request.

  Apache Tomcat/5.5.17

Looking at apache Logs I have:

(.)

INFO: Server startup in 4749 ms

(This is where the server hangs)

- I/O exception (org.apache.commons.httpclient.NoHttpResponseException)
caught when processing request: The server 192.168.200.40 failed to respond

- Retrying request

- I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request:
Connection refused

- Retrying request

- I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request:
Connection refused

- Retrying request

(Down here is when I try to access the list Services link)

- Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
org.apache.jsp.axis2_002dweb.listServices_jsp._jspService(listServices_jsp.j
ava:133)

(.)

- Error dispatching request /axis2/services/listServices

(.)

The client code is:

         //Generate Payload

         OMFactory fac = OMAbstractFactory.getOMFactory();

         OMNamespace omNs =
fac.createOMNamespace("http://client.org/calculator2", "calculator2");

         payload = fac.createOMElement("add", omNs);

         rand1=(int)(Math.random()*100);

         rand2=(int)(Math.random()*100);

         // Send num1 num2 timestamp message id

         payload.setText(rand1+" "+rand2+" "+ System.currentTimeMillis()+"
"+i);

         if (i==NUM_REQUESTS-1)

clientOptions.setProperty(SandeshaClientConstants.LAST_MESSAGE,"true");

         // Async invocation

         serviceClient.sendReceiveNonBlocking(payload,callback);

         //Wait till the callback receives the response.

         while (!callback.isComplete()) {

            Thread.sleep(1);

         }

Any idea to solve the problem?

Best regards,

Nuno Rodrigues

Re: Client hangs and server gets unavailable

Posted by WJ Krpelan <kr...@yahoo.com>.
A http-trace of the soap-message would be helpful.
(tcpmon)
Is the server configured to request authentication?
If so, which method?
Cheers
Wolfgang Krpelan

--- Jaliya Ekanayake <jn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nuno,
>
> Can you please check the scenario with Axis only.
> Then if it works add Sandesha module.
> Please send us the results.
>
> Are you using non-anonymous ReplyTo address for the
> service invocation?
>
> Thanks,
> -Jaliya

=== message truncated ===

Re: Client hangs and server gets unavailable

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nuno,

(sorry, i thought i replied u)
This seems to be happening due to a resource limitation at the server side.
Could you try a similar invocation without RM ?

Also are u by any means sending the SOAP messages through a monitoring tool
(e.g. tcpmon). I got a similar result when i sent the messages through it.

Chamikara

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nuno,