Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Flying Lee <sk...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/11 07:32:17 UTC

A bug of Spindle

can't define a component both in page spec and page template

Detailed Description:

If a parameter of a component is required,Can't define the component both in
page specification and page template.

for example:

I define a ValidField like these:

in the page specification file:

    <component id="inputAddress" type="ValidField">
        <binding name="value" expression="address"/>
        <binding name="validator" expression="beans.stringValidator"/>
    </component>

in the page template file:

Because the 'displayName' parameter is required,Spindle report error
although I define it in the template file.

Of cause,it's no any exception at runtime.

I think it's a bug of Spindle.

Re: A bug of Spindle

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Technically its not a bug as Spindle wasn't built to do this kind of
"after the fact" validation for informal paramters. It's on the
feature request list. Until I get to this change, all you can do is
ignore the error. sorry.

Geoff

Re: A bug of Spindle

Posted by Flying Lee <sk...@hotmail.com>.