Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steve Lewis <sm...@lordjoe.com> on 2004/04/30 17:24:07 UTC

Can I specify DynaFormProperties at Run Time

Given that the Dynaform is dynamic I am wondering why I need to declare a
dynaform and list its properties in struts-config. I would prefer to have
my action populate a form adding properties that it knows without having to
declare the form in struts-config.
1) Is this possible
2) If so how do you do that?
3) Is anyone doing this?

Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98033
425-889-2694
206-384-1340 (cell)

Re: Can I specify DynaFormProperties at Run Time

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
I developed LazyDynaBean  and LazyDynaClass (which implements
MutableDynaClass) which don't need their properties to be pre-defined.

I have also used them to create LazyValidatorForm which is a version of
DynaValidatorForm backed by a LazyDynaBean.

All thats needed in the struts-config.xml is:

       <form-beans>
           <form-bean name="myForm"
               type="lib.framework.struts.LazyValidatorActionForm"/>
       </form-beans>

Source Code is here: http://www.niallp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Niall

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
Hi,
	I missed some mails coz I was away....
Did anyone replied to this question?
I guess there was one guy (Hubert Rabago if I m correct)
That has done something similar........

Regards
	marco