Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Nitay Joffe <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/21 22:33:39 UTC

Deploying javax.jdo:jdo2-api:2.3-ec to maven central

Hello folks,

We have a few projects that depend on jdo2-api version 2.3-ec. For example hive: http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.hive%7Chive-metastore%7C0.10.0%7Cjar
It seems that this artifact is not in central: http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22javax.jdo%22%20AND%20a%3A%22jdo2-api%22

But it is in various other places, for example here: https://repository.cloudera.com/artifactory/cloudera-repos/javax/jdo/jdo2-api/

This requires users to put in special repository definitions to get that one artifact, which is discouraged by maven folks. Can you guys push it to central?

Thanks,
- Nitay

Re: Deploying javax.jdo:jdo2-api:2.3-ec to maven central

Posted by Nitay Joffe <ni...@gmail.com>.
I am chatting with Hive folks to see if they can pull in one of the artifacts that is in central. Honestly I am stuck as a coordinator between these two projects as I am not highly familiar with either, I am just developing something that uses Hive and saw that I now have to put in datanucleus into my pom.xml which annoyed me. If anyone has some short-circuit solution that might be good, for example can the datanucleus guys deploy to central? Otherwise in the meantime I'll keep chatting with Hive folks see if they can fix it on their end.

Thanks,
- Nitay

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.
Indeed they are: