Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2017/05/05 07:10:14 UTC

Problem with the Mavenizer and Air >= 24 on macs

Hi,

I just noticed that I was unable to use the mavenizer (aka flex-sdk-converter) for Air 24 and 25. A short investigation resulted in the result that this is probably only a problem on macs as Adobe changed the packaging of the AIR SDK starting with version 24 and right now we don’t have any option to access DMGs with non-GPL libraries. I am working on implementing this logic from scratch inside the Mavenizer, but I think I still need a little time to finish this.

So, if you see the mavenizer downloading the AIR SDK again and again, this is probably the problem you are having.

Chris

Re: Problem with the Mavenizer and Air >= 24 on macs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 5/5/17, 8:25 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

>If it opens a popup, it will mess up the mavenizer … at least in
>non-interactive mode which CI servers require.
>
>One more reason to implement it the way I am doing it … I know whenever I
>took the easy path in the past it kept on coming back at me with support
>questions, so I’ll prefer to do things right the first time. Anyway, I
>think the DMG extraction code would be a perfect contribution to the
>Apache Commons project (Planning on moving things there as soon as I’m
>finished) as there is currently no “copy-left-less” library to do this
>available anywhere.

IIRC, the status window is non-interactive.  Maybe there is a quiet mode
that suppresses it.  Anyway, up to you.

-Alex

Re: Problem with the Mavenizer and Air >= 24 on macs

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Am 05.05.17, 17:07 schrieb "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com>:

    On 5/5/17, 8:02 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

    >Hi Alex,
    >
    >Well I guess I could probably do that, but I am no fan of this. The
    >Mavenizer is platform independent and is generally able to provide the
    >Mac SDK on a Windows machine. Also, there are major drawbacks when
    >starting OS processes from within a Java VM. That’s why my implementation
    >should be able to unpack the DMGs on any platform.

    Up to you.  I agree it isn't perfect.  I'm just trying to save you time.
    The odds a DMG will need to be unpacked on other platforms is close to
    zero, IMO.  IIRC, the utility we use in the installer pops up a status
    window.  Not sure if that will mess up the Mavenizer.  If you have a Mac,
    you can try running the installer to see.

    -Alex

Re: Problem with the Mavenizer and Air >= 24 on macs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

Am 05.05.17, 16:24 schrieb "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com>:

    On 5/5/17, 12:10 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I just noticed that I was unable to use the mavenizer (aka
    >flex-sdk-converter) for Air 24 and 25. A short investigation resulted in
    >the result that this is probably only a problem on macs as Adobe changed
    >the packaging of the AIR SDK starting with version 24 and right now we
    >don’t have any option to access DMGs with non-GPL libraries. I am working
    >on implementing this logic from scratch inside the Mavenizer, but I think
    >I still need a little time to finish this.

    OK, I guess.  Any reason you can't exec the same MacOS command line tools
    we use in the installer?  Or is that what you mean by implementing from
    scratch?

    Thanks,
    -Alex

Re: Problem with the Mavenizer and Air >= 24 on macs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.