Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Stephen Nabres <be...@hotmail.com> on 2010/06/23 15:33:54 UTC

Differences between AMQ 4.1.1 and 5.3.2

Hi everyone,

I have a client who's using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 but they're thinging of migrating
to the latest ActiveMQ version. I'd like to be able to explain to them the
clear advantages of 5.x over 4.x but I don't have enough experience with
ActiveMQ to be able to point those out.

Could anyone please list a few major improvements/advantages/problems solved
in 5.x over 4.x?
Many thanks in advance!

Stephen Nabres

Re: Differences between AMQ 4.1.1 and 5.3.2

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
I would use at least 5.3.2 -

5.x has a faster default persistent storage - but the main difference is there no overhead on the depth of Queues to broker memory.

cheers,

Rob

Rob Davies
follow me: http://twitter.com/rajdavies