Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/30 18:02:38 UTC

Re: Need to use Index along with Transactional feature

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

shivendra singh wrote
> I want to use Index on a pojos that I are stored in ignite data grid. I
> know I can use it by putting few annotations. However while reading thru
> the sql grid distributed query section, I found that transactional is not
> supported in case of sql grid query.
>
> Is it true?
>
> My question is-
>
> Can I create cache with transactional attribute configuration still having
> indexes as well? Though in my code I wil keep this point that if I am
> accessing it thru index it will behave as if it is ATOMIC whereas when I
> am accessing it directly(thru get/put method) the it will be transactional

You can use SQL queries on transactional caches, however for now they are
not enlisted in transactions. This can cause dirty reads.

Full transactional support for SQL is expected by the end of the year.

-Val

Re: Need to use Index along with Transactional feature

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
shivendra singh wrote
> Are you saying, I can use same TRANSACTIONAL cache for querying thru
> index. I only need to handle dirty read condition at few place in my code.

Yes, there are no limitations that depend on cache atomicity mode.

-Val