Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Stephan Windmüller <st...@tu-dortmund.de> on 2010/11/04 16:23:52 UTC

Allowing users to override message properties

Hello!

We want out users to be able to override certain (or all) message keys
for the application permanently so they can customize it to their needs.
Is there something already available in Tapestry to do this?

At first we thought about extending the messages service which asks the
database before consulting the properties, but this would add a database
call for each message.

Regards
 Stephan

Re: Allowing users to override message properties

Posted by Mats Andersson <ma...@ronsoft.se>.
It would be enough to cache all messages in the service and reload
periodically if something has changed.

BR
Mats

Mats Andersson
Ronsoft AB - Fridhemsvägen 8 - 372 25 Ronneby
Tel. 073-368 79 82
http://www.ronsoft.se