Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Googol Lee <i...@googol.im> on 2014/02/10 13:30:08 UTC

Tutorial of Go can't work.

Hi,

I'm new for thrift, and I want to use it with Go. So I try the tutorial of
Go. But it can't compile after generating the source code. I try to fix it,
and here is the patch.

I use thrift 0.9.1 and Go 1.2.

Please help review the patch and figure out if I made any mistake.

Thanks.

Re: Tutorial of Go can't work.

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

that observation may be right, depending on what source(s) you used.

The web tutorial at http://thrift.apache.org has been updated just recently to reflect the latest changes in the current development trunk. There have been made substantial (breaking) changes since version 0.9.1. I therefore suggest that you may try a trunk version.

Regarding patches: Higly appreciated, but please follow the (few) steps outlined on our web site at
http://thrift.apache.org/docs/HowToContribute

Thanks,
JensG