Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/15 18:25:15 UTC

[proposal] - add the feature to allow user classpaths

I'm planning on adding another feature to the 2.1 branch and provide a way
for users to add classpaths to JMeter in the GUI.

I was thinking of something like User Defined Classpath. Users can then
select the jar files they want and the config element will add them to the
classloader. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas?

peter

Re: [proposal] - add the feature to allow user classpaths

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Yeah, why not just create a new URLClassLoader as a child to the one
JMeter currently uses, and then drop it at test end.

-Mike

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
hehe... I could use table. that would make it cleaner

peter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Can't tell from the screenshot - is that a table, or a text box?

How are multiple entries displayed?

S.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
OK by me.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
OK.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Point taken.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Point taken.

Posted by Serguei Belikov <sb...@tucows.com>.
Hi,

sebb wrote:

>Not sure it's necessary to have a GUI to do this.
>
>The additional classpaths are probably known before starting JMeter,
>so would it not be simpler to use a property to define the extra
>classpaths?
>
>S.
>On 15/09/05, Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm planning on adding another feature to the 2.1 branch and provide a way
>>for users to add classpaths to JMeter in the GUI.
>>
>>I was thinking of something like User Defined Classpath. Users can then
>>select the jar files they want and the config element will add them to the
>>classloader. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas?
>>

>>peter

Serguei Belikov
Sr. Developer
Tucows Inc.
sbelikov@tucows.com
(416) 535-0123 Ext. 1297

Re: [proposal] - add the feature to allow user classpaths

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.