Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by sray dat <sr...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/08 14:52:34 UTC

support for index

Hi,
I am wondering if Apache Calcite has support for physical operator(s) for
using index. For instance, if a Btree or Rtree index exists on  a
particular column, would Calcite produce a physical query plan that uses
that index.

If so, in which version of Calcite it was introduced? If not, is there a
plan to support this in future?

Thanks much.
-SR

Re: support for index

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Phoenix have been creating plans that use indexes. They model them as materialized views. The work is under https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2047 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2047> and is mostly complete, so you can see what they did.

Julian