Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Dausch, Daniel" <Da...@fmr.com> on 2004/09/29 18:35:08 UTC

How-To integrate with internal Struts applications

I completed the install and read available tutorials. Not sure where to
go from there. My basic goal is to provide a INTRANET portal that
provides access to multiple Struts applications sitting on different
WebSphere App Server instances. The applications would be usable within
its own portal window. What portlet type would this entail? How would
relative URL's (action paths) embedded within a page (e.g., Submit
button) be handled. Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Daniel Dausch
Architect
Fidelity Management Trust Company
82 Devonshire St V5C,  Boston, MA 02109
*: 617-563-8929 *: daniel.dausch@fmr.com

Re: How-To integrate with internal Struts applications

Posted by Raphaƫl Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
Dausch, Daniel wrote:
> I completed the install and read available tutorials. Not sure where to
> go from there. My basic goal is to provide a INTRANET portal that
> provides access to multiple Struts applications sitting on different
> WebSphere App Server instances. The applications would be usable within
> its own portal window. What portlet type would this entail? How would
> relative URL's (action paths) embedded within a page (e.g., Submit
> button) be handled. Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

I suppose you have downloaded a Jetspeed 1.5 release. Unfortunately,
there's no real easy way to integrate Struts development in Jetspeed
1.5, which is entirely built upon another web framework (Turbine).

You can however, download the current CVS version which will be the
basis for the upcoming Jetspeed 1.6 release. This release integrates
"Fusion" engine to supports JSR-168 portlets. Among these portlets,
you'll find a StrutsPortlet that should easily allow you to integrate
Struts application in Jetspeed portal.

The Jetspeed 1.6 release is expected in the next few weeks.

--
Raphael Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java