Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Joel Schuster <jo...@Navsys.com> on 2010/09/01 19:08:21 UTC

OSGi iPojo Messaging and Security

I'd like to enable security beyond simply one bundle/component to another but rather also add in security at a message/topic level.

Are there ways to do this within the current OSGi spec and then also within iPojo?

- Joel

Re: OSGi iPojo Messaging and Security

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Clement Escoffier
<cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 01.09.2010, at 19:08, Joel Schuster wrote:
>
>> I'd like to enable security beyond simply one bundle/component to another but rather also add in security at a message/topic level.
>
> iPOJO does not do anything in this area. However, regular OSGi security may be applied.
>

>> Are there ways to do this within the current OSGi spec and then also within iPojo?
>
> I don't know how the event admin manage the security, but it is probably supported.

Yeah, there is a special permission to limit publishing/receiving of
messages on topics. You need to enable security and install the
framework.security provider. The rest is normal Java+OSGi security.

regards,

Karl

> Regards,
>
> Clement