Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roberto UserList <rc...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/31 20:11:54 UTC

[M2] scope to include an internal dependency into a war artifact

Hi all! How can I configure scope tag, in order to, package one of the my
project's dependency artifact into the war artifact of my project?
Check it out! I'd like to include artifact "comp.jar" into the war artifact.
I've tried "compile" and "provided", but both of them did not work.
                        <dependency>
                                 <groupId>variglog</groupId>
                                 <artifactId>modellib</artifactId>
                                 <version>${versao.sis}</version>
                                 <scope>provided</scope>^
                        </dependency>
          </dependencies>

Thanks in advance for the help.
Regards,
Roberto.

Re: [M2] scope to include an internal dependency into a war artifact

Posted by Christian Goetze <cg...@miaow.com>.
Roberto UserList wrote:

> Hi all! How can I configure scope tag, in order to, package one of the my
> project's dependency artifact into the war artifact of my project?
> Check it out! I'd like to include artifact "comp.jar" into the war
> artifact.
> I've tried "compile" and "provided", but both of them did not work.
>                        <dependency>
>                                 <groupId>variglog</groupId>
>                                 <artifactId>modellib</artifactId>
>                                 <version>${versao.sis}</version>
>                                 <scope>provided</scope>^
>                        </dependency>
>          </dependencies>
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.

Try leaving out the scope altogether. "provided" means explicitly that
you do not want it included, since it is provided by the environment,
and compile means it is only relevant for that phase.
--
cg