Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Lu Heng <h....@anytimechinese.com> on 2012/06/13 12:30:38 UTC

How Direct Attached Networking work

Hi

I have three network setup.

Public network, management network, storage network.

The public network is on the eth2, and I want user have Direct
attached networking from eth2, however, everytime I create a VM, it
gets an CIDR address(a private one), and when I go into the network
second, in the drop down box of network offering, I only see "defauilt
isoloated network offering with source net enabled", though when I go
to service offering section, I saw 4 different type of offering. But
none of them is direct attached networking.

I looked at administration guide, it says nothing about how to set it up.

Any one have ideas?

Kind regards.
Lu

This transmission is intended solely for the addressee(s) shown above.
It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. Any review, dissemination or use
of this transmission or its contents by persons other than the
intended addressee(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmission in error, please notify this office immediately and
e-mail the original at the sender's address above by replying to this
message and including the text of the transmission received.

Re: How Direct Attached Networking work

Posted by Lu Heng <h....@anytimechinese.com>.
Hi

Thanks very much for the information.

I have read these guide over 3 times before I posting anything here.
Trust me I don't want waste anybody's time.

The problem is, we have advanced network setup with storage zone and
management zone, as well as public IP zone.

The public IP is direct route to the access port of the host server,
in which it does not have a vlan assigned to.

But we do want to keep storage zone as well as management zone, so how
can we let vm direct get IP address from the public IP range?( the
systemvm does it very well, it get the public IP automatically)

1 cp
1 nic on management network(public IP, 111.111.111.0/24)
1 nic on the storage network.(private IP.10.2.0.0/24)

2 hv(hyperviser server)
1 nic on management network
1 nic on storage network
1 nic on guest network(public IP, direct to the access point, 123.123.123.0/24)

1 storage
1 nic on storage network
1 nic on management network.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru
<ve...@citrix.com> wrote:
> In case of basic zone, it uses a single flat n/w that is untagged where isolation is provided using security groups whereas in advanced zone isolation is provided using VLANs and the traffic is tagged.
>
> http://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServlet/download/31041-102-683798/CloudPlatform3.0.3AdminGuide.pdf, for more information, please refer to pages 31 of admin guide.
> http://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServlet/download/31038-102-683795/CloudPlatform3.0.3InstallGuide.pdf, for more information, please refer to pages 47 of advanced install guide
>
> Thanks,
> SWAMY

>>> 2. Create guest network using the network offering created at step 1 and while creating guest network you can specify the public ip range.

Posted by Lu Heng <h....@anytimechinese.com>.
Hi

Posted by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Lu Heng <h....@anytimechinese.com>.