Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Carl <mu...@altern.org> on 2003/11/18 17:51:48 UTC

NESSpamCheck issue

Hi,

I'm using a James 2.1.3 mail server with NESSpamCheck to filter spam
with MySQL database to store mails.

Today, 2 normal emails has been marked as spam.

Here is the relevant section from config.xml

<mailet match="NESSpamCheck" class="ToProcessor">
   <processor>spam</processor>
</mailet>

Have someone faced the same issue ? How you solved it ?
Is it a bug ?
Should I remove this filter ?
What I could say to the sender's postmaster in order to correct this ?

Thanks for your reply,

Carl

Re: NESSpamCheck issue

Posted by Carl <mu...@altern.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>I'm using a James 2.1.3 mail server with NESSpamCheck to filter spam
>>with MySQL database to store mails.
>

> Well, at least we know someone is using it.  :-)

lol ;-) Suddenly I feel less confortable to use it on production server :o)

>>Today, 2 normal emails has been marked as spam.
>

> Means that they matched one of the regular expressions in the source.
> Please see
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/james-server/src/java/org/apache/james/transpo
> rt/matchers/NESSpamCheck.java?annotate=1.3.4.3 for the expressions it
> checks.  Apparently, something matched.

I've already looked at, as far as I'm able to understand it, I haven't
seen anything curious hence my first mail...

>>Have someone faced the same issue ? How you solved it ?
>

> I wrote a configurable regex matcher, which is currently experimental, and
> will likely change shortly.

Let me know.

Carl

RE: NESSpamCheck issue