Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Marc DEXET <Ma...@dsi.cnrs.fr> on 2004/11/08 10:06:33 UTC

How to submit jelly evolution or new component ?

Hello everybody.

I have realized some new jelly tag, some very specialized to my activity
(LDAP) and some very general.
I think they could be interesting for Jelly user.
How can I submit them to Jelly Community ?
By JIRA ? By Commons Dev List ?

Thanks.

--
Marc DeXeT
CNRS

Re: How to submit jelly evolution or new component ?

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Generally, Jira is probably the best place.
Formulate it as patches, that's the most efficient.

For any new features or bug report we >>love<< unit-tests (read:
require).

But speaking about it on the list (commons-dev or commons-user, as far
as I know most developers of jelly are on both) is a good idea!

paul

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
By doing both.  Definitly add them to JIRA, that way they don't get lost.
Then, send a note to the Dev list if you don't see them applied.  Make sure
you have unit testing and code formatting to encourage having them applied.