Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by tushar pal <tu...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/05 21:29:56 UTC

Thrift 7

Hi,
    I am facing some problem using Thrift 7.
I downloaded the tar file.I downloaded the windows exe too for . Created a
thrift jar from the lib java path and then generated the java class from
tutorial.thrift file.Now while I use run the ant file inside example I got
some error that some of the package are used in that generated java files do
not exists in that generated thrift jar.
Can anybody please help ?

--
TUSHAR KANTI PAL

Re: Thrift 7

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
Cassandra uses Thrift 6 for now (a ticket is open for upgrading to Thrift 7
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3213), I refer you to
the discussion there). That being said I don't know what is the story of Thrift
for having a client and server of different versions, but I suspect this is the
problem here.

--
Sylvain

Re: Thrift 7