Posted to builds@apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2010/01/07 09:09:34 UTC

Re: vmbuild vs ci.a.o (was Re: vmbuild scheduled downtime in ~12hrs)

has been a while :-)

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 17/04/2009, at 12:59 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>

>>> Correct, Continuum lives on vmbuild.apache.org, and hudson lives
>>> somewhere else.  ci.apache.org is only buildbot.  The domain name is
>>
>> now I got it...thanks!
>>
>> Ok! I guess I am looking "support" on vmbuild server than.
>
> So, you'd like a new group created + administration rights to add your
> projects?

yes, that would be sweet!

>> I think the Trinidad code is already building there (next
>> to the myfaces zone).
>
> That's right.
>
>> Does the vmbuild also allow deployment
>> of site and (nightly) snapshots to the snap_repo ?
>
> Deployment of site - haven't had anyone do that yet, but we've decided not
> to allow access to people.* from vmbuild, but can pull content in the other
> direction.

Still same restrictions and nobody deploying the site to minotaur?

> Deployment of snapshots - you can deploy to vmbuild or nexus already, and
> anyone that wishes to sync that to people.apache.org can on request.
> Trinidad is currently deploying to a private location on vmbuild - I'm not
> sure if they are being synced.

so, that means if we deploy our snapshots to nexus, they get synced ?

Thx,
Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: vmbuild vs ci.a.o (was Re: vmbuild scheduled downtime in ~12hrs)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Matthias,

I lost the context on this message in the gap between the early replies, but I'm ready to move forward if you are still interested. What was the group you wanted set up? What else did you need?

- Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.