Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/14 05:58:05 UTC

I want to keep some jars in the stratos source.

Hi,

I'm working on some integration bits of the stratos console app. Im using
some of the third party apache licensed libraries there. However  some of
the OOTB functionalists didnt match my requirement, hence i patched some of
them.

Is it okay to keep the patched jar files in the source for the moment. I
should be able to push those patches in to their main trunks and get a
release out before we hit the RC phase. At that point we can get rid of the
jar files in our sources..

wdyt ?

--Pradeep

Re: I want to keep some jars in the stratos source.

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Azeez,

I had to patch multiple jars, they were apached licensed and from wso2 code
base.

1. sso jagger module. It was missing some SAML2 related operation. I can't
get them from jaggery level without introducing java utils.
2. SSO related jars in identity. The idp-config.xml that we use to register
SPs using xml config does not support audience restrictions.
3. Jaggery POST method not working when empty replies happening.

I have no intention of keeping these jars till RC state in stratos 4.
I should be able to contribute these back to their original projects and
get dependency from them when we are in beta stage.

thanks,
--Pradeep

--
Pradeep Fernando.
http://pradeepfernando.blogspot.com/

Re: I want to keep some jars in the stratos source.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.

--
**http://www.apache.org/*<http://www.apache.org/>

*email: **azeez@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>
* cell: +94 77 3320919 blog: **http://blog.afkham.org*<http://blog.afkham.org>
*twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.
.jar files. I dont want to branch external sources in to stratos. :)

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Do you mean .jar files or source of those?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on some integration bits of the stratos console app. Im using
> some of the third party apache licensed libraries there. However  some of
> the OOTB functionalists didnt match my requirement, hence i patched some of
> them.
>
> Is it okay to keep the patched jar files in the source for the moment. I
> should be able to push those patches in to their main trunks and get a
> release out before we hit the RC phase. At that point we can get rid of the
> jar files in our sources..
>
> wdyt ?
>
> --Pradeep

Lahiru Sandaruwan