Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2020/09/20 01:27:45 UTC

[ROLL CALL] Status of this project / time to consider retiring?

Hi,

There been no activity on this project for more than four months. All projects at Apache have a start and an end, and I think its become time for this project consider retiring to the Attic.

The PPMC has failed to submit several reports in a row (although one failed to get mentor sign off). If any of the PPMC members are still active, please indicate so by responding to this email.

If you think the project can choose a different path that retiring to the Attic, please speak up. Note that retirement doesn’t mean an end to the project as the work could carry on elsewhere.

Kind Regards,
Justin

Re: [ROLL CALL] Status of this project / time to consider retiring?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I saw YorkShen did a lot of work last year, but it's not sustainable
if other PPMC members don't step in.
It's important to build a healthy community around the project, PPMC
should take this into consideration as their daily job.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com>.
+0 about retirement.

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

> By the way, I wonder what's the actual effect of "retiring to the Attic",
> will the project be removed from ASF after that?

Sorry I got that wrong only top level projects retire to the attic, incubating projects do not. This is done to save a copy of the code. If this podling retires from the incubator it could continue on GitHub or a similar platform.

Thanks,

Posted by Hanks Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,