Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/28 16:16:50 UTC

Re: Accumulo Google Summer of Code

Mohamed,

For future reference, please use dev@accumulo.apache.org or
user@accumulo.apache.org for such questions. While there is a project
lead, nearly all pieces of Apache Accumulo operation are handled by the
group as a whole.

Looking at the timeline for GSOC, you have until this Friday to submit
an application. Also look at the following for more information [1], [2].

As you gathered, we tried to mark some tickets we already had created as
good candidates for students to work on; however, these are not at all
binding of what you could work on (in fact, I might encourage you to
think outside of the box).

dev@a.a.o is probably the best list for you to use as you work through
your proposal, asking the community what constitute a good GSOC project.

Thanks for reaching out!

- Josh

[1] http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCStudentGuide/
[2] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013