Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org> on 2007/10/25 22:31:05 UTC

proxy transformer and ssl...

hi everyone!

iiuc the proxy transformer does not correctly deal with https sessions
at the moment. i'm trying to fix it and came across the following code
snippet in ProxyTransformer.java:

Request _request = ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(_objectModel);
this.rewriter = new OutgoingLinkRewriter(this.manager, session, _request
       .getRequestURI(), request.isSecure(), false, this.relativeUrls);

note how we use _request everywhere except in "request.isSecure()". i
don't really understand why request is a defined symbol at all - is it
part of AbstractSaxTransformer? and i wonder how it's supposed to work,
or whether it's just a typo....

maybe thorsten or andreas can enlighten me?

tia,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

   - Ken Thompson.

Re: proxy transformer and ssl...

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Jörn,

Jörn Nettingsmeier schrieb:
> hi everyone!
>

> iiuc the proxy transformer does not correctly deal with https sessions
> at the moment. i'm trying to fix it and came across the following code
> snippet in ProxyTransformer.java:
>
> Request _request = ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(_objectModel);
> this.rewriter = new OutgoingLinkRewriter(this.manager, session, _request
>       .getRequestURI(), request.isSecure(), false, this.relativeUrls);
>
> note how we use _request everywhere except in "request.isSecure()". i
> don't really understand why request is a defined symbol at all - is it
> part of AbstractSaxTransformer? and i wonder how it's supposed to work,
> or whether it's just a typo....
>
> maybe thorsten or andreas can enlighten me?

I'm quite sure it's a typo. Did you try to change it?

BTW, IMO we shouln't use the underscore syntax. AFAIK it doesn't conform
to the Java coding guidelines anyway.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO