Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/20 11:23:26 UTC

Deprecate legacy API ? Which steps ?

Hi,
I think it is time to work in the direction of deprecating the "old" client
API in favour of the new client API.

Blockers:
1) Convert the documentation on the website to use only the new API
2) Let users of the new API use the 'Explicit LAC" feature

for 2) I had sent in January a Pull Request
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/1901

I agreed with Sijie that we should think more about the proposal and my
patch was not the best we could do. As it was not a showstopper for me I
stopped the work.

Thoughts ?

Enrico

Re: Deprecate legacy API ? Which steps ?

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Best Regards.

Jia Zhai