Posted to users@rave.apache.org by Vyacheslav Muhtarjants <sl...@ruswizards.com> on 2013/07/15 13:28:46 UTC

Apache Rave Shindig under Windows

Hello.

I am about to integrate Apache Rave Shindig with a web site developed on
ASP.NET platform which is hosted on Windows Server 2012. So I need to
install and configure Apache Rave Shindig on the server under Windows.
Which steps should I follow: should I use Tomcat 6 being supplied along
with Rave sources or should I better choose a service version of Tomcat 7
from here <http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi> (32-bit/64-bit Windows
Service Installer)?

Which instructions from http://rave.apache.org/documentation/index.html should
follow?

--

Slava Muhtarjants

ASP.NET/C# <http://asp.net/C> Developer
RUS Wizards LLC

Skype: slava.muhtarjants

Re: Apache Rave Shindig under Windows

Posted by Vyacheslav Muhtarjants <sl...@ruswizards.com>.
Hi, Matt.

Thank you for your reply.

My aim of the Shindig integration is to reach interaction between a web
site and a gadgets' container, I suppose, via RPC calls. Therefore, I seem
to have a proxy configured on my ASP.NET web site to forward requests to
Rave.

Could you hint me which instructions from the
documentation<http://rave.apache.org/documentation/index.html> should
I follow to achieve rendering gadgets on my web site using the Shindig
Javascript API? For now I have succeeded in building and running Rave on
built-in Tomcat 6 and in displaying test gadget on
http://localhost:8080/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml
.

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi Vyacheslav,