Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by John Barstow <Jo...@gfsg.co.nz> on 2003/04/10 03:34:19 UTC

RE: Incremental Checkout Issue (feature request) - related to iss ue #695

Ben Collins-Sussman [mailto:sussman@collab.net] wrote:
> Ugh, what a mess.  The whole non-recursive checkout feature ('co -N')
> is half-implemented, half-baked, full of bugs, and makes users expect
> reasonable things like Andrew describes below.  I'd really like to
> remove this feature altogether, and defer it post-1.0.  :-(

+1 if resumable checkouts are implemented.

-1 if not.

+2 to actually making checkout work as Andrew describes.

John C Barstow

Re: Incremental Checkout Issue (feature request) - related to iss ue #695

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
John Barstow <Jo...@gfsg.co.nz> writes:

> Ben Collins-Sussman [mailto:sussman@collab.net] wrote:
> > Ugh, what a mess.  The whole non-recursive checkout feature ('co -N')
> > is half-implemented, half-baked, full of bugs, and makes users expect
> > reasonable things like Andrew describes below.  I'd really like to
> > remove this feature altogether, and defer it post-1.0.  :-(
>
> +1 if resumable checkouts are implemented.

IMO, resumable checkouts are a 1.0 showstopper.  It's just WAY too
embarrassing to call something 1.0 and have this bug.  :-)