Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Sushanth Sowmyan <kh...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/13 20:50:27 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Hive 1.2.0 release candidate 4

Hi Folks,

We've cleared all the blockers listed for 1.2.0 release, either
committing them, or deferring out to an eventual 1.2.1 stabilization
release. (Any deferrals were a result of discussion between myself and
the committer responsible for the issue.) More details are available
here : https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+1.2+Release+Status

Apache Hive 1.2.0 Release Candidate 4 is available here:

https://people.apache.org/~khorgath/releases/1.2.0_RC4/artifacts/

My public key used for signing is as available from the hive
committers key list : http://www.apache.org/dist/hive/KEYS

Maven artifacts are available here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehive-1035

Source tag for RC4 is up on the apache git repo as tag
"release-1.2.0-rc4" (Browseable view over at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hive.git;a=tag;h=38c3daef84bafb13bf911ec6c69d7640430fba70
)

Since this has minimal changes from the previous RC, I would further
request that this vote conclude in 30 hours(which is past the 72 hr
time from the previous RC announcement) if we have enough +1s in the
meanwhile.

Hive PMC Members: Please test and vote.

Thanks,
-Sushanth

Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 1.2.0 release candidate 4

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Downloaded the source and found that the private maven repo is gone.
Built with both hadoop-1 and hadoop-2
Checked that source doesn't contain binaries.

Posted by Sushanth Sowmyan <kh...@gmail.com>.
Sorry folks, we discovered one more issue with the RC - ASF headers were
missing in a couple of files. I'm in the process of spinning out an RC5
with the fix.

And since we already have functional testing of the RC done, and these are
trivial changes from the previous RC, I again propose a shortened RC time
for this RC as well. Those that have tested so far, I thank you for your
efforts and your patience, and request another testing of the next RC.

Thanks,
-Sushanth

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@gmail.com>.
+1