Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Neil Conway <nc...@klamath.dyndns.org> on 2000/04/16 04:31:51 UTC

Apache::Session::SysV - No space left on device

Hello everyone,

I'm using FreeBSD 3-STABLE, mod_perl 1.22, Apache 1.3.12, and
HTML::Embperl 1.3b2 on an x86 machine. I'm a newbie trying to get
Apache::Session to work (through HTML::Embperl). This is part of my
startup.pl:

%%%%%
use constant DB_INFO => 'DBI:Pg:dbname=template1';

BEGIN {
        $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES} = 'DBIStore SysVSemaphoreLocker';
        $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS} = 'Datasource=' . DB_INFO;
}
%%%%%

When I try to access a simple HTML::Embperl using %mdat or %udat, I get
the following error:

[5596]ERR: 24: Line 10: Error in Perl code: No space left on device at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Apache/Session/SysVSemaphoreLocker.pm line 63.

The output of 'ipcs -as' is as follows:

Semaphores:
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP  CREATOR   CGROUP NSEMS   OTIME    CTIME
s  65536    5432014 --rw------- postgres postgres postgres postgres     16no-entry  5:49:28
s  65537    5432015 --rw------- postgres postgres postgres postgres     16no-entry  5:49:28

Apache is running as user 'nobody', group 'nobody'.

A similar thread was mentioned before on the modperl list (http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/spaygelthang/200003142101.NAA14415@veda.horvitznewspapers.net), but no one responded. That poster was trying to use Apache::Session with
SysVSemaphoreLocker and OpenBSD.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to allow Apache::Session to create
semaphores? How would I do that?

TIA

--
Neil Conway <ne...@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

Never criticize anybody until you have walked a mile in their
shoes, because by that time you will be a mile away and have
their shoes.