Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Paul Hammant <pa...@hammant.org> on 2019/07/18 09:49:00 UTC

Monorepos: Facebook's Mononoke and Eden (file system)

Monorepo tech: https://github.com/facebookexperimental/mononoke (Mercurial
rewritten in Rust)
File system: https://github.com/facebookexperimental/eden

Xoogers (and friends) at Facebook toiling towards Google's in-house
capability - formerly Perforce, since 2012 'Piper'.  This -
https://trunkbaseddevelopment.com/expanding-contracting-monorepos/ - is a a
goal (among others).

I wonder if they have alleviated the push/pull bottleneck and allow
effective direct PUTs to resurces without a clone operation first (as
Subversion, Perforce and PlasticSVM do)

Anyway, the code is being maintained on GitHub (or at least mirrored to
GH), so they're not feeling shame from that. Nor should they, say I.
Subversion's rejuvenation could happen from the same pragmatic move.

- Paul