Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gareth Coltman <ga...@majorband.co.uk> on 2001/04/25 18:19:05 UTC

BEA Weblogic 6

Hi!

I know some of you guys have used BEA Weblogic before, so I wonder if you
know why I might get the following exception when trying to access my
servlet:

org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown
servi
ce TurbinePoolService requested
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(Base
ServiceBroker.java:312)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceB
roker.java:257)
        at
org.apache.turbine.util.RunDataFactory.putRunData(RunDataFactory.java
:230)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:488)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:213)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:1265)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:1622)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

DETAILS:

Weblogic 6 on W2K

It seems to me that the TurbineResources.props file wasn't loaded. I have
tried using both a relative (to the current dir and also the docbase) and
absolute paths to specify it in the web.xml file.

            <param-name>properties</param-name>
            <!-- This is relative to the docBase -->

<param-value>/bea/wlserver6.0sp1/config/rightmove/applications/devsite/WEB-I
NF/conf/TurbineResources.props
</param-value>

Also tried using a windows path like C:\asksak\skadaskjlsdakl\jkasdk

but no joy.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Gareth