Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Praveen KC <Pr...@itcinfotech.com> on 2018/03/01 10:00:51 UTC

No entries being written to catalina.out !!!

Dear All - We are seeing a strange behavior in one of our Production environment since last 2 days.

The catalina.out file is not getting updated with the application debug information, we can see only startup messages. This was working fine and there has been no changes done to the system so far.

Tomcat version: 6

Has anyone faced this issue before?

Please advise.

Regards, Praveen KC
Operations Manager - Infrastructure Services
ITC Infotech India Ltd.,
ITC Infotech Park, #18 Banaswadi Main Road, Bangalore - 560005
Direct  : +91-80-2298 9625 Mobile: +91-9886319345

Disclaimer: This  communication  is  for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and  shall  not attach any liability on the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./its  Holding company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. If you are the addressee, the contents of this e-mail are intended for your use only and it shall  not be forwarded to any third party, without first obtaining written authorization from the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./ its Holding company/its  Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. It may contain information which is confidential and legally privileged and the same shall not be used or dealt with  by any  third  party  in  any manner whatsoever without the specific consent  of  ITC  Infotech India Ltd./ its Holding company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies.

Re: No entries being written to catalina.out !!!

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: No entries being written to catalina.out !!!

** This mail has been sent from an external source ** Try this

  1.  stop tomcat
  2.  take backup of all logs
  3.  deleted all logs
  4.  start tomcat

Regards

Satish Chhatpar

________________________________
[...]

::DISCLAIMER::
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Confidentiality Notice from Dixons Carphone plc (registered in England & Wales No.07105905) of 1 Portal Way, London, W3 6RS ("Dixons Carphone"). The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return, permanently delete the e-mail and destroy all hard copies immediately. No warranty is made as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained in this e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this e-mail are those of the sender and will not bind any Dixons Carphone group company (Dixons Carphone Group) unless confirmed by an authorised representative independently of this e-mail. We do not accept responsibility for viruses; you must scan for these. E-mails sent to and from Dixons Carphone Group are routinely monitored for record keeping, quality control, training purposes, to ensure regulatory compliance and to prevent viruses and unauthorised use of our computer systems. The Carphone Warehouse Limited (registered in England & Wales No.02142673) is a member of the Dixons Carphone Group and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Posted by Satish Chhatpar 02 <Ch...@cpwplc.com>.
Try this

  1.  stop tomcat
  2.  take backup of all logs