Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joseph R Loegering <Jo...@Loegering.net> on 2003/04/02 07:24:06 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] ASP failure (Solved, Thanks Craig)

You were right,
"If memory serves me correctly, Win 95/98/ME don't support flock()... Believe that is an OS thing and not a Perl specific thing.
Craig"
I searched Active Perl and CPAN and found that Win 95/98/ME does not support "flock". But that does not leave the Win 95/98/ME users out in the cold. CPAN has a Perl Modual "File-ManualFlock-FlockOverRide" that will give any system that does not suport flock, the ability to do so. If Win 95/98/ME users are having trouble with CGI or Perl Scripts, this modual "File-ManualFlock-FlockOverRide" can be installed using the ppm that comes with Perl, and it will solve most of  your CGI or Perl failures.
Thanks
Joseph

Joseph R Loegering
Joseph@Loegering.net