Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Velmurugan Periasamy <ve...@apache.org> on 2020/09/01 21:48:53 UTC

Re: Vault Hashicorp and Apache Ranger

Pleaser refer https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=53741207 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=53741207> for implementing a custom ranger plugin. Ranger provides a simple extensible model to develop custom plugins. If your software already has a pluggable authorization framework, then it is easier to add a Ranger implementation and integrate with Ranger.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 3:29 PM Kartik Gupta <ka...@peernova.com> wrote:

Thanks for reaching out! We use Vault for secret management and want to adopt Ranger to manage Authorization for our software. I was wondering how they could work together. I searched online for documentation or other things but didn’t really come up with much hence I reached out.

Best,
Kartik

From: Velmurugan Periasamy <vel@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>>
Date: Monday, August 31, 2020 at 3:17 PM
To: "user@ranger.apache.org <ma...@ranger.apache.org>" <user@ranger.apache.org <ma...@ranger.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Vault Hashicorp and Apache Ranger

Hi Kartik:

Could you please elaborate on the requirement? What kind of integration between Vault and Ranger is needed?

Thanks,

Vel

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 2:35 PM Kartik Gupta <kartikg@peernova.com <ma...@peernova.com>> wrote:

Hi,

Is there any documentation on how Vault and Ranger can work together?

Best,
Kartik