Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/12 08:56:22 UTC

MD5/SHA1 links - make sure they are removed in component source!

DIGESTER-191 - md5 checksum: 404 Not Found
noted that the hash download links did not work.

It transpired that many of the commons download pages still linked to
the SHA1/MD5 hashes, even if these had been replaced on the download
site.

I think I have now fixed all the links - and dropped old md5/sha1
hashes that were not needed.

I did this by editting the SVN production website files to avoid
having to regenerate all the sites.
However I have not fixed all the source files, so please check that
the correct hashes are being generated and linked when republishing.

Thanks!

Re: MD5/SHA1 links - make sure they are removed in component source!

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

Sebb:
>> BTW the (Imaging] Download (still) points to incubator
>Please start a new thread for a new issue, thanks!

I noticed this seems to be expected as [Imaging] does Mention it on the site. So I dont pursue this part further.

However while  trying to fix some site typos I also tried to recreate the download page and I noticed something strange:

[Imaging] uses parent 47 (build-plugin 1.9), but when I run* the download-page goal  it generated download_imaging with  SHA1-links.

When I look into the source of the download-page:1.9 it seems to default to SHA512 and in the effective pomI dont see Commons.release.hash beeing overwritten.

How is it actually configured to use sha256 in the download-page plugin?

I even tried -Dcommons.release.hash=sha256, but that had no effect, presumeable because the Mojo does not define it as property?

Anyway, I manually  fixed the xdoc with sha256 and fixed a gitbox link.

Gruss
Bernd

Re: MD5/SHA1 links - make sure they are removed in component source!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Is that change done here?

https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/

Is there a Svn Web view where we can see the commit and check out what files have been changed? Maybe we can also reduce the number of download links to mainly the mirror scripts?

Gruss
Bernd

Gruss
Bernd