Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Casey Daniell <ca...@hotmail.com> on 2015/10/27 16:09:47 UTC

Drop Topic from Consumer

We are using Kafka 0.8.1 and have a Consumer that used to pull multiple topics. One of these topics is no longer needed by this consumer/group, so when I look at
/usr/local/kafka/bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.ConsumerOffsetChecker --zkconnect localhost --group <ServerName>
We see the LAG for this measurement is high, but we know why. Is there anyway to let ZK know that this consumer group will never catch up for this topic, since it's not consumed any longer?

Using kafka brokers to obtain topic metadata vs zookeepers

Posted by Virendra Pratap Singh <vp...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
The topic level metadata is available with every broker in kafka and also in zookeepers.   Kafka producer API uses list of brokers while the high level kafka consumer (scala) uses the zookeeper host list.

Is there a reason for this two different behavior. And would it suffice to use the zookeeper to get topic and related partition and leader broker info?
  Guess I am treating zookeeper quorum as a VIP alternative to obtain topic/partition/broker info and not rely on setting up a broker VIP or a list of brokers.

Regards,Virendra

Re: Drop Topic from Consumer

Posted by Mayuresh Gharat <gh...@gmail.com>.
Np. :)