Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at> on 2003/06/05 17:04:12 UTC

[ANN] Torque 3.0.1 released

The Torque team is pleased to announce the 3.0.1 release!

http://db.apache.org/torque/torque-301

This is a bugfix-release for Torque-3.0
There are no new features in this release!

You can find a full list of changes here:
http://db.apache.org/torque/torque-301/changes.html

You can find the Torque distributions here:
http://db.apache.org/builds/torque/release/3.0.1/

Re: [ANN] Torque 3.0.1 released

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
and we will be more pleased announcing 3.0.2 ;-)

RE: [ANN] Torque 3.0.1 released, PostgreSQL changes

Posted by Alexander Fedorenko <af...@informex.net>.
It seems that nobody has provided a test case - this makes it hard for
the developers to confirm that the patch is correct.

Changes to PostgreSQL adapter :

1.  LIMIT style

    REASON :

    LIMIT #,# has been disabled; use LIMIT # OFFSET #. : from PosgreSQL
doc

    The new style is in use from 7.3 PostgreSQL release .

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  LIMIT #,# syntax not supported.
	Use separate LIMIT and OFFSET clauses.
	at
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:126)
	at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connec
tion.java:451)
rethrown as org.apache.torque.TorqueException: ERROR:  LIMIT #,# syntax
not supported.
	Use separate LIMIT and OFFSET clauses.
	at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.executeQuery(BasePeer.java:1502)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1321)

Code in class org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer

                case DB.LIMIT_STYLE_POSTGRES :
                    limitString =
                        new StringBuffer()
                            .append(limit)
                            .append(" , ")
                            .append(offset)
                            .toString();

should be replaced with

                case DB.LIMIT_STYLE_POSTGRES :
                    limitString =
                        new StringBuffer()
                            .append(limit)
                            .append(" OFFSET ")
                            .append(offset)
                            .toString();

2.  DROP TABLE command

    ... from PostgreSQL documentation

    DROP TABLE always removes any indexes, rules, triggers, and
constraints that exist for the target table. However, to drop a table
that is referenced by a foreign-key constraint of another table, CASCADE
must be specified. (CASCADE will remove the foreign-key constraint, not
the other table itself.)

Code in file src\templates\sql\base\postgresql\drop.vm

DROP TABLE $table.Name;

Should be replaced with

DROP TABLE $table.Name CASCADE ;

Re: [ANN] Torque 3.0.1 released

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Please read item 4 under the "What other issues are there?" question at
the bottom of
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TorqueProjectPages/PostgreSQLFAQ.

It seems that nobody has provided a test case - this makes it hard for
the developers to confirm that the patch is correct.

You could apply the patch yourself and provide feedback as to whether or
not it is correct.

Regards,

Scott

--