Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2017/09/22 14:03:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] moving to Apache Yetus Audience Annotations

When Apache Yetus formed, it started with several key pieces of Hadoop that
looked reusable. In addition to our contribution testing infra, the project
also stood up a version of our audience annotations for delineating the
public facing API[1].

I recently got the Apache HBase community onto the Yetus version of those
annotations rather than their internal fork of the Hadoop ones[2]. It
wasn't pretty, mostly a lot of blind sed followed by spot checking and
reliance on automated tests.

What do folks think about making the jump ourselves? I'd be happy to work
through things, either as one unreviewable monster or per-module
transitions (though a piece-meal approach might complicate our javadoc
situation).

[1]: http://yetus.apache.org/documentation/0.5.0/interface-classification/
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-17823

--
busbey

Re: [DISCUSS] moving to Apache Yetus Audience Annotations

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.
Yea, unfortunately I'd say backburner it. This would have been perfect
during alpha.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.