Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/20 12:31:22 UTC

Groovy question regarding passing html parameters

In a url I pass following parameters:

?profile=10000&experience=10000,100010

In a groovy file I get the parameters....
parameter.profile
parameter.experience

My question is: how do I get the delegator to find entities in the database
based on both parameter.profile and parameter.experience?

In all the other codes in groovy files that I see it seems that parameters
have only 1 value... Or I might be overlooking one...

Regards,,

Pierre

Re: Groovy question regarding passing html parameters

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes, I saw also something like that when looking at it, for instance different values for radio buttons...

Jacques

From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Hi Pierre,

I believe the correct way to send multiple values for the same key as part of a query string is like this:
?profileSummaryId=10091&experienceSelected=10003&experienceSelected=10020
That should result in parameters.experienceSelected being a list containing the two values and would avoid you have to split the
string yourself.

Regards
Scott

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
That's why forms and ajax typically use "post" instead of instead of "get" :-)

Regards
Scott

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
The error more readable:

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the pointer. I think it should be on the money.... However after
some tweaking I got following error:

 org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException&#58;
 Error rendering screen
&#91;component&#58;&#47;&#47;profiler&#47;widget&#47;ProfilerPrintScreens.xml&#35;PrintProfilePDF&#93;&#58;
 groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException&#58; No such property&#58;
 EntityCondition for class&#58; ProfileExperiences &#40;No such
property&#58; EntityCondition for class&#58; ProfileExperiences&#41;

The complete code in the groovy file is:
import org.ofbiz.base.util.*;
import org.ofbiz.entity.*;
import org.ofbiz.entity.util.*;
import org.ofbiz.party.contact.*;
import javolution.util.FastMap;

List experienceItems = [];

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

Posted by Michał Cukierman <mc...@partbook.eu>.
Hi Scott,

Thats why I started with: "Maybe I am wrong".
The situation you describing is ok, when both parameters exists in one
table. The question is not clear in that case, thats why we
misunderstood each other. I was thinking about getting some sort of
objects from related objects, based on two parameters.

Sorry for my criticism, but I am stil confused about some limitations in
Ofbiz persistence Layer (which is in fact graet - but limited). Today I
get "initial" Product data I will put into ofbiz. It's around 400 000
ProductCategories + a lot of criterias and extended model. So at the
moment, optimalization is my key point.

Regards,
Michał

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Michal,

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.
2010/8/20 Michał Cukierman <mc...@partbook.eu>

> There should be a method for doing sth like:
> EntityCondition.makeCondition("shipmentId", EntityOperator.IN,
> CustomWhereCondition).
> There should be extended methods for making joins.
> As long as those do not exist - we should at least try use P

"IN" (and "NOT IN") conditions should be definable on view entities.  The
XSD defines an "IN" operator for entity-conditions and implies that
entity-conditions are valid in view entities, but I couldn't get this to
work.  I can't tell how you would represent the right hand side of "IN",
either.  There is a TODO comment in the XSD for "NOT IN".

I'm sure the implementation of this becomes rather complicated for all the
different SQL flavors that OFBiz supports, especially when you take it to
the next level, "SELECT" on the right hand side of "IN".

Opentaps has a "Query Tool" to deal with situations where implementing a
query concept is beyond what the entity delegator will do,
in order to support things like JDBC PreparedStatements, "IN" clauses and
subselects.

http://www.opentaps.org/docs/index.php/Using_the_Query_Tool

Notice that this approach was abandoned in favor of Hibernate integration.
With that, I would personally just punt in this situation, get a connection
from the delegator, and deal with the results as a Map.  Before I did that,
I'd want to make sure that my assumptions are correct (performance of
subsequent cached queries, cost of traversing an EntityListIterator for
conditions, selecting on a view or DVE, etc.)

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ

Re: Groovy question regarding passing html parameters

Posted by Michał Cukierman <mc...@partbook.eu>.
Scott,

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
BTW I leanrt something reading this article:
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/appendix/notes.html#h-B.2.2

Too bad, ";" does not seem to be widely supported :/

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.