Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by S K Pradeep kumar <s....@gmail.com> on 2010/02/08 10:37:40 UTC

How to setup the Tomcat

Hi all,

   How to configure the tomcat in ofbiz framework,
   I have two domain names and one dedicated server.
   I want to run 2 different sites on each domain names.
   One site is the ofbiz e-commerce web site another one is the static
website.
   How can i achieve this?

thanks for help...

With regards,
S K Pradeep kumar,

Re: How to setup the Tomcat

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.
Hi there,

IMHO the preferred way to achieve this is to use an Apache instance in front
of your OFBiz instance and use rewrite rules that point to the respective
OFBiz URLs. I would rather not mess with the OFBiz-Tomcat-integration
itself.
Is that enough to get you to the right direction?

Another option would be to run OFBiz in an external Tomcat and modify that
Tomcat's config to reroute accordingly, however, again it may turn out
difficult with the way OFBiz intertwines with the Tomcat configuration. E.g.
the web.xmls for each application (which would be among the points to edit)
is maintained by OFBiz logic.

Let me know your thoughts.
Regards

Carsten