Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Markus Punnar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/21 13:08:36 UTC

Camel 3 alternatives for ServletListener component

Hello!

As I understand the ServletListener component which was used to bootstrap
Camel is deprecated and removed in Camel 3. From the docs I did not find
what should be done instead when using Camel 3? For Servlet 3.x contains
the @WebListener annotation-driven configuration can be used. Is this the
recommended way to go now and drop the web.xml entirely?

The same question also goes for implementing a custom lifecycle. On Camel
2.x it was done by
implementing org.apache.camel.component.servletlistener.CamelContextLifecycle
which is now removed as well as far as I understand.

If somebody can answer these questions or point me towards the correct
documentation or examples on how to do this on Camel 3, it would be
appreciated.

Re: Camel 3 alternatives for ServletListener component

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah you can use @WebListener or whatever the servlet container supports.

Or for example use a spring xml file and a spring servlet listener
that bootstrap spring and reads the xml file, where you can have
<camelContext> to start Camel.
Such as shown in this example
https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/examples/camel-example-servlet-tomcat

--