Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Mark de Groot <ma...@markdegroot.nl> on 2020/08/16 13:31:48 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Revive/Undeprecate cordova-plugin-file-transfer

Hi all,

I agree this plugin still has it's value in the cordova universe and (at
times) works way better than the proposed alternative using XHR. I ran some
tests downloading a 70 MB file. Using cordova-plugin-file-transfer this
takes about 35 seconds. Downloading using XHR took 30 seconds as well, but
now the file still has to be saved using cordova-plugin-file which took
another 50 seconds resulting in a total download time of 80 seconds!

I've elaborated more on this in this github issue:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer/issues/266

Bottom line: Keep this plugin active! It looks like there are
enough people willing to contribute to the code and a lot of
people depending on the functionality.

Kind regards,

Mark